I know, I know. Summer is almost over… For some kids, school starts mid-August! That is almost right now! For Adrian and for other kids it starts the first week of September so we still have about a month to enjoy the summer. In our case our plans have been changing a lot because of Adrian’s little accident and surgery.
At the beginning I was bummed to have to cancel some plans for summer camps that involved sports and outdoor playgrounds or water play. The good thing is we didn’t have huge plans for a big family vacation to the beach for example! But I’m always up for a good challenge and it has been fun to think what else can we do that doesn’t involve water, playground, running our sports during our summer cause even though his cast comes off by this friday he wont be able to do do sports or hard physical activities for 3 more weeks.
So the plans are that we don’t really have plans! LOL! But I have a list of activities we CAN do:
- BBQs. We already had some family get-togethers and we have more planned which is always fun and an easy way to have a relaxing weekend.
- Arts and Crafts. I discovered this place called Pachis here in San Diego (through my friend that runs the blog SoCalwithKids.com, go check it out it has tons of fun ideas for families!) were they do crafts workshops plus they have drop-ins, I think Adrian would love it, we haven’t been there yet.
- Concerts. We just went to an outdoor concert at Balboa Park the other day and it was so fun. Need to take advantage of the hot days for these kind of activities!
- LA road trips. We still have more time to go to LA for some days before Adrian’s summer vacation finishes, play with Abu, tía and our LA friends.
- Museums. When I went to the concert at Balboa Park I was thinking we can also go to a museum one of these days, it;s been a while since I don’t go.
- Play tourist in San Diego. There are many places here that we haven’t been to yet so we can always go to one of those!
All the photos in this post were taken the weekend right before the accident so the kids enjoyed some water play. I think after Adrian has his cast off and 3 weeks has passed we still might have some sun and heat to be able to go in the pool again. Hopefully!!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a Britax Latina Advisory Board Member. As always, all opinions, ideas, and stories are 100% my own.
Así que los planes son que no tenemos planes! Jaja! Pero si tengo una lista mental de lo que podemos hacer:
- Parillas. Ya hemos tenido varias parillas muy ricas con la familia y tenemos otras planeadas para el mes que viene, es una manera tan chévere de pasar un día del fin de semana y los niños se divirtien mucho.
- Manualidades. Descubrí este sitio Pachis hace poquito aquí en San Diego (a través de mi amiga que bloguea en SoCalwithKids.com, vayan que tiene muchas cosas chéveres para familias!). Allí hacen manualidades con los niños, tienen talleres por edades y hasta aceptan que dejes a los niños y luego los recojas. Todavía no hemos ido pero se que a Adri le encantaría.
- Conciertos. Fuimos a un concierto al aire libre hace poquito en Balboa Park y nos fué cheverisimo. Mientras que esté calientico afuera nos tenemos que aprovecha de este tipo de actividades!
- Viajes a Los Angeles. Todavía nos queda tiempo para irnos por unos días y poder jugar con Abu tía Dari y nuestros amigos de allá.
- Museos. Cuando fuimos al parque Balboa también pensé en que podemos ir un día al museo (allí hay muchos), yo tengo años que no entro a uno aunque Adrian si fué recientemente en su campamento.
- Jugar de turista en San Diego. Hay tantos lugares que no conocemos aún de San Diego que uno de ellos siempre será bueno para visitar!
RubyJuly 30, 2012 at 11:34 pm
How fun summer in cali is always amazing. I know your kids will enjoy all you have planned!
DarielaJuly 31, 2012 at 8:26 pm
Thanks Ruby! Too bad we didn't get together while you were here!
Cindy RangelJuly 30, 2012 at 11:38 pm
Cool pixs for the kids playing in the pool. Such great memories. You are giving them wonderful moments they will always remember. So great! Thanks!
DarielaJuly 31, 2012 at 8:27 pm
Thanks Cindy! At least they will have tons of photos no? 🙂 🙂
HelenaJuly 30, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Amiga se ve que lo han pasado super! Que ricas todas esas fotos en la playita. Como siempre bellos los muchachos.
DarielaJuly 31, 2012 at 8:28 pm
Si amiga, y eso que paramos de meternos el agua ya hace casi un mes!!
Chantilly PatiñoAugust 1, 2012 at 12:07 am
I didn't know Adrian broke his arm! Ouch! Glad to see he's out enjoying the summer now. 🙂 I love your pictures and graphics btw…definitely need to sign up for another class with you ladies once the summer rush is over. 😉
P.S. Those floaties are so super cute and that airplane is awesome…where did you get it?!! 🙂
myrah duqueAugust 1, 2012 at 4:09 am
What amazing photographs….and let's not talk about the children! THey are adorable! Glad you enjoyed the summer with the family! See you soon!
Cristina-Colombiana en CAAugust 1, 2012 at 11:01 pm
Adoro visitar este blog. Me imagino como en la sala tuya, Dari, mirando detenidamente un album con fotos espectaculares.
Todavia queda tiempo para disfrutar del verano, especialmente aqui en el sur de California, que nos dura como hasta octubre 🙂
Espero que el bracito de Adrian ya se encuentre mejor.